The kids had fun sticking the candies onto the Gingerbreadman and Lucas couldn't wait to eat them! He has a sweet tooth like Mommy. My boys both love chocolates although I rarely let them eat it but when Lucas has a choice of cookies or ice-cream, it would almost always be chocolate-flavoured.
It was a very memorable day for me. On our way home, as I was carrying Linus and holding Lucas' hand across the road to my car, I dropped my car keys into a drain. A drain which I could not see the bottom of. I panicked, mostly because I have the boys with me and they were getting tired. My first reaction was to call out for Elisa's name as she left at the same time as me. We brought the kids back into Sheena's house and then whilst Elisa helped to look after the kids, Sheena and I went out to try to get my keys out. Fortunately for me, there were some landscape workers in her neighbourhood and to cut the story short, they managed to help us get the keys out after about 45 minutes.
It was quite a sight with me squatting by the road and digging into the drain. One of my most memorable moments of 2009!
Thank you, Elisa and Sheena! Without both of you there, I might have just sat there and cry.



2 comments:
I'm glad that you got help and got the keys out. It must have been a heart stopping experience.
the gingerbread men sound like a great party idea. we got the premix and cutter and planned to do that for our christmas pizza party too but had to shelve cos of this horrible 2 week flu! next party opportunity...maybe easter!
Post a Comment