Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 28, 2006

I am a milk machine

I am feeling much better today. Made some wholesome soup early this morning. Soup is my comfort food. It's what I like to have when I am under the weather. Today's soup is carrots, white and orange with pork ribs, fox nut, and honey dates.

Lucas kept me awake for the most of last night with his huge appetite. He recently developed an impatient cry (it will begin with a squeak, followed by a double squeak, and then a full-blown wail). He does this if Mommy is not fast enough in getting the milk into his mouth.
Have I mentioned I really do feel like a milk machine these days? It's amazing how the human body works. First, it was the pregnancy, the feeling of a living body growing within you. Then, it was the actual delivery; the wonder of how the body seems programmed to make room for this living body to make his way out from within you. And now, I am totally amazed how my body responds to Lucas's feeding patterns..the milk flows just about when he begins to cry. It's as if my body has been programmed to respond to his cry as a need to supply the milk!

Someone has mentioned Lucas's face has changed. But I don't seem to see the change. But he certainly has gained a good weight and weighs 8lbs 10ounces as of 27Dec.
I am posting some random photos of our lil bubba here...it's all about baby!





No comments: