Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 21, 2006

So this is what Motherhood is about




I became a mommy 12 days ago. I've always thought I had a mothering instinct. I loved babies, kids, of all ages. I think they are so cute, fragile, innocent and they smell good. The past week or so seemed like a blur to me. Day & night doesn't make a difference to me. I only recall feeding, burping, napping (disrupted hours of sleep, which if I am lucky total to 3-4 hours a day), and feeding again.

I am amazed I am still able to function with so little sleep & no external stimulations for the past week. I am confined, to the home..for now. So this is what motherhood is all about. I am staring into my baby's face almost 12 hours a day, and he is still so beautiful & incredibly adorable.

I think he has lost his 'chubbs' on his cheeks tho. It has just been days, but I think his face is changing. My hands are on the camera as soon as my hands are free and Lucas is giving a photo opportunity.

Most people think Lucas looks like me. Edwin's dad thinks he is a photocopy of me. I am convinced Lucas has Edwin's hair and hairline. And Edwin believes it's all good as long as his son has his brains.

Lucas started spitting out a couple of days back and like any anxious parent, I was anxiously looking for answers in the books, on the web, for reassurance that that was fine. My heart skips a beat when I see him spit his milk, cough, and even when he has one of those violent hiccups.

So this is what motherhood is all about. He screams and cries when he is hungry. But he is still incredibly adorable and we love him dearly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats sweetie! we can't wait to see the little tyke - more photos please!

ps. i dun think lucas can do too badly with mommy's brains...

xoxo,
e.

Anonymous said...

Hi Serene and Edwin,

Congratulations on the bundle of joy! It is OK for him to burp some milk out sometimes. Yes, we think he does look like you, but baby's faces change everyday, so keep on snapping those photos!

:) Emily Ho

Momo said...

Hang in there. And take a breather if you need to...remember to eat and rest well tho.