Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 05, 2007

Baby+Dog-sitting

I almost forgot how it felt to be living in a construction zone..since the man has been busy working on bringing down walls elsewhere. It's great to have Daddy home, even though he is actually working from home, even though his face speaks 'do not disturb', even though I have more mess to deal with when he is home. OK, but it still feels nice to have him home.

Back to the construction zone. Our water heater (in this 26 year old house) has bade us farewell and we had ordered a new tankless water heater. It arrived and Edwin has been busy changing all the water valves and installing the new heater. When he works on the house, I work doubly hard as well to (try) to clean up after him. Quite obviously, we have pretty different standards of what constitutes "livability".

Anyhow, besides the water heater, we had Jersey (neighbour's pooch) for 3 days = dog play = more hair = more cleaning. Abby and Jersey had a blast. And I had a blast at my vacuum cleaner as well.

This morning, I had my first experience of looking after 2 babies at one time on my own. Carolyn had to go to the Dentist urgently and I had Jack over in the morning. It was quite an experience but Jack is really quite an easy-going baby and it turned out easier than I thought!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 babies and 2 dogs and 1 husband all at one time??? hahaha that must be chaos.... ^_^ j/k

c u later today!

Unknown said...

Thank you soo much for looking after Jackaroo. We really appreaciate it (my tooth especially :)