Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 09, 2008

SURPRISE!


Carolyn had planned a surprise baby shower for me on Sunday and I am really, deeply touched by everything that she has done for us. For the first time in my life, I was truly surprised and had no clue at all that a party was planned. I was stunned to see all the balloons when I entered her house and for a moment, I was wondering if I missed someone's birthday and forgot a present!

Then, I saw the banner on the wall and my heart literally skipped a beat. Yes, Carolyn. You have the power to make my heart skip a beat. You are absolutely amazing! I have to record everything that you have done. Thank you, thank you, thank you for:

-Planning everything, getting everyone over

-Blowing up all the balloons (were there almost 30 balloons?)

-Putting up all the decorations, custom-making the awesome banner (which I have stuck on our wall now)

-Getting all the food organised, the chocolate fondue was EXCELLENT

-Getting down to all the details with food for the kids, and the little packages of chocolates shaped in little shoes is too cute for words

-The best mango cake I have ever eaten

-Hosting a party with 6 active toddlers and double the number of adults

-Entertaining the kids with your famous bubble play, and letting us make a mess of your backyard

-For the surprise present I thought was coming from your friend as a loan. I was totally WOW-ed by you.

Thank you so so so much for just being such a wonderful, dear friend. I cannot express enough how much I appreciate everything you have done for us and we are indeed very fortunate to have met you, Rob and Jack and even more fortunate to be living just a couple of blocks from you guys!

4 comments:

Cel said...

rem to update us when your 2nd baby comes out!

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

ha ha! I thought for sure that you would know. When you stopped by the day before I thought you may have seen the balloons. From then on I kept my blinds drawn! :)

I was happy to have the opportunity to celebrate the arrival of your little one. He'll be here soon, YAYYY!

Anonymous said...

glad to be able to attend and celebrate the baby shower with you!

thanks for the invite Carolyn