Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 02, 2008

The time has come



Some say toddlers will begin to say "No" at around the age of 2. At 17 months, Lucas has started to reply to our questions with a "no". I see it as a progression and am not too bothered by it (yet!). In fact, I find it very endearing that he is able to reply to our questions and is a step-up in our communication. He looks very pleased with himself with his new-found confidence and independence and his ability to let us know what he wants.
I am acknowledging his replies to me even if he says "no" when it's time for his nap. It gives me the opportunity to explain and negotiate with him and expand our communication..even if it means I really have to BE PATIENT and try not to lose my cool!

3 comments:

Mum's The Word said...

hahahaha... ava says no to everything except for food.. :)

Anonymous said...

No? KK had said NO NO, not only one NO, but 2 NOs.... *sigh...

angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.