
Time: 9:21 p.m.
Weight: 8 lbs 4 ozs
Length: 20.5 inches / 52 cm
Baby Linus popped out in about 5 minutes from the peak of my contractions. I had decided to go drug-free again since I already had Lucas without pain relief or epidural and thankfully the delivery was shorter this time. But I had a retained placenta which made me stay in bed in the most undignified position and in extreme discomfort and soreness for another 2 hours after. Just when they wanted to wheel me into the operating room to surgically remove the placenta, it popped out as well. Thank goodness.
Lucas is really sweet and gentle with Linus. He would say "baby" and put his finger to his mouth "Shhhh" when baby is sleeping. I look at Lucas now and he looks like such a big boy! I am not sure he fully comprehends what is going on or who Linus is, but thankfully Grandparents and Edwin are at home to keep him busy.
I had forgotten how often newborns feed and poop and cry. It has been hectic around here but we are all enjoying Linus and the smell of a newborn. He smells so good even though he only had one bath since he landed. I had an overwhelming feeling of elation after he was born, overcomed with the joy of holding a newborn again. Linus looks more like Papa, I believe. He has the exact same hairline as his pops. He is a little more sleepy and slow in sucking compared with Lucas. I hope the early breastfeeding woes will ease up soon and I can enjoy feeding again.
Thank you, everyone for your well-wishes, calls and emails! Will update with more photos soon.I should also note here that Edwin is doing a fantastic job as a "confinement lady"! He has been well-trained by my sister the last time she was here with Lucas. I was pleasantly surprised and very touched when he brewed the red dates and longan tea for me and also has been cooking some confinement dishes for me. And it actually tastes very good!
Grandparents have also been a great help and we are really lucky and grateful that they are here to help us with Lucas.
Thank you, everyone for your well-wishes, calls and emails! Will update with more photos soon.




18 comments:
BABY!!!!! OMEDETTOU!!! =)))
Congradulations!!
Serene, you did a good job.
OMG, Luca already hold the newborn
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bay Linus is so cute. Cannot wait to meet him
Hey Serene
Congratulations he's a real cuttie. Looking forward to meeting him in person
Take care
Lian
hi rene,
great job! You did w/o pain relief TWICE! I salute you!
And baby linus is adorable!
Keep well ok!
hey!! congrats!!!
You made it sound so easy without any pain relief! Definitely No-No for me.
BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! suspected something was up (or rather "out") when there were no updates!!!
eeeeeeek, am absolutely thrilled for you!
have fun!
xoxo,
e.
OMG.. Such beautiful baby and I LOVE HIS NAME!!! Lucas and Linus.. what a great fit.. :)
Lucas is a great big brother already.. :) GOOD JOB SERENE!!!!
Let me know when I can visit you..
I can't wait to see Linus!!!
Oh Serene, Linus is absolutely perfect. I am SO incredibly happy for you,Edwin and Lucas. I can't wait to meet your newest little angel!
Much love,
Carolyn
NO PAIN RELIEF! You are awesome! Take care! And well wishes to you and everyone. :)
Linus looks like Edwin like we predicted and I must say the big guy has lived up to expectations and absorbed the learning. The name is a great choice.
Congratulations!
Happy Birthday Serene! And I thought I'll check the blog about baby and Linus is here! Born 1 year 1 day after Kieran. Congrats!
Serene,congrats on Baby Linus! I love his name! And u did it once again drug free...i saluuuute u!
i envy u having such a supportive hubby!
its my first time posting a comment to u bt i have reading ur blog for almost a year nw...and enjoy watching lucas grow...its so amazing he has change so much n so fast...
i'm also a singaporean in the same part of the world as u bt in calgary,AB. being a mum to a 7mth old boy...n reading ur blog makes me an inspiring mum...
congrats once again!
Welcome to the family, Linus! So thoughtful of you to arrive whilst grandparents are there ... they must be truly elated. Congratulations to Edwin, Serene and Lucas ... enjoy :-)
Congratulations my dear!!
Linus is so cute! And Lucas is so sweet with him! :)
Cant wait to see them both soon!
CONGRATS to you both! n yes, from the pic he does look more like his papa. btw i love his name! lucas and linus, so cute! :D
Hey congrats Serene!
Welcome Linus :)
Post a Comment