May I please deviate from blogging about the past and offer you, my faithful readers, what I am thinking about today.
So now I no longer have one active toddler and one relatively docile baby who will sit and munch on his toys in content. I now have two active, mobile, super-energetic boys to keep me on the move and wishing there is more than 24 hours in a day.
In the past few weeks, Linus has discovered that climbing is one of his favourite pastimes. He would climb onto the kids' chairs, and then proceed to climb onto the table and sit there like that is his throne. On occasions, he would yell from the table demanding to be presented with some food from his faithful servant, a.k.a. Mom.
Lucas was not as boisterous as Linus is when he was this age. Linus is also going through a stage of screaming to get his needs or wants met and I am trying to breathe as normally as possible to maintain my composure when he starts to exercise those high-pitch vocals. And so, I do believe I have two little monkeys in the house now with enough energy to consume me.
It's funny how boys and girls grow up to behave differently and choose different toys and things of interest. I wonder if it is social conditioning, or a matter of genetics. I thought I had tried not to favor gender-stereotyped toys but it appears my boys have generally preferred trains, cars, trucks over their stuffys.
I haven't given it much thought before. But I am beginning to wonder now if it would be very much different to raise a girl. I love having boys, despite the fact that they seem to have endless energy to run, jump, hop and play rough. But I just wonder how it would feel like to play princess and hold tea parties as compared to growling like a dinosaur and running around like a monkey, chasing some cars.



8 comments:
ha ha ha...better yet, come over and play with my two princesses... anytime!!!
i start to notice the difference b/w girls and boys, mainly among our groups in term of their personalities, in choosing toys, and the way they play, etc.
If KK is not afraid of things, she would without any hesitant, bolt away from me ^_^ I have in the matter-of-fact taught her about 'strangers'. It could be why she stayed by my side mostly, not sure.
oh yes i have 2..3rd one coming...Princesses so close to home..hehehe.
I simply love the pics! Esp the one that Lucas and Linus together. They really look alike!
And Serene.. "3rd one coming"? And its a girl? CONGRATS!!!!
hey i was about to say something like 'how bout trying for a girl then?'...n then i saw your comment. SO??? REALLY??? princess on the way?
What ? I don't know you are pregnant? You must be kidding,right?
hahahah..people..3 princesses meaning Adelia, Viola, and Carolyn's baby girl coming soon in Nov! I am definitely NOT preggie!! Altho I would love to have a little Serene hahahah.
Yeah, Just try it. You will love it. Be brave !!! TRUST ME, YOU CAN DO IT...
GO GO EDWIN !!!
Your boys are so handsome. I almost thought that you are expecting a 3rd too. :) Girls are a lot of fun. Less wild, gently sweet, just a tiny bit higher pitch scream.
Post a Comment