Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Days of growing up

I secretly wish the boys will not grow up so quickly. I miss my babies.

I have been thinking about the days when they were so little I could carry them for more than ten minutes without complaining of body ache the next day. When every squeeze and cuddle will be accompanied by happy giggles and not struggles to be free from my hug (to return to more fun things).

The boys and I spent some time looking through photos and videos of them when they were younger the other day. It almost brought tears to my eyes. Ok, it's that time of the month too. But, I did feel a little sad that the boys have grown up so quickly and a part of me fear I am not doing enough for them in their childhood.

I had big dreams about how I wanted to be a mother to my children. Those dreams did not quite align with the reality of having to maintain a household, work and raise two kids at the same time. Sure, I am not making fancy picnic lunches or stitching a hand-made pillow, and the laundry has taken a permanent spot on the floor. But I am content and grateful that I can still raise my boys on my own and not miss a day in their growing years despite having to work from home.

I was trying to put together the photos of the boys here but the luxury of time is not with me today.

Ok. Time's up. Time to put the laundry away.

3 comments:

elisa said...

Hello Blogger :P

I enjoy reading your blog. Write more!!!

You are an awesome mother. Please do remember that. But, please also remember that we are too just a human being juggling more than 2 things at a time.
(I need to remind myself that too sometimes).

You boys are turning out great. Healthy, happy, smart and full of energy. You did something good there already :)

Julia said...

Hey Serene,

You are an awesome mum and a true inspiration! I have never seen someone do so much and complain so little! Raising 2 boys is nuts in itself... I have one boy cos God knew I needed a girl to balance things up and there are days I wonder how I'm gonna keep up with him! LOL

rene said...

Thank you, my fellow awesome Moms! I am so lucky to be surrounded by such great friendship and support!