Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fast forward

Wife and new love - a complex love triangleLucas loves to swim Sleepover
Superheroes!

Mandarin class at Scott Creek Middle School
I am a month behind in my blogging life. In an attempt to move ahead to the present, here's a quick summary.

So, Edwin bought a new camera in Singapore. He now carries her everywhere he goes and spends hours in front of the computer, learning how he can be a better person. Oops, sorry, I meant better operator of his new machine.

Lucas begun his Swim Tots 2 class this fall. He loves it. I started to bring Linus with me into the water as well whilst Lucas is in class. By the time I am done showering them both and myself, getting changed and getting them strapped into their car seats, I felt I needed a tub of ice-cream. I settled for a bottle of chocolate milk. Thank goodness.

Being the 'kiasu' mother that I am, I registered Lucas at the Vancouver Academy of Music. I think I did that when he was two years old. Gasp. What if he is a prodigy or perhaps he is going to be a late bloomer like his father. I felt the need to give him the opportunity to learn music. I wanted to provide him with the experiences I had when I was a child. Just as long as he continues to enjoy it.

Lucas is now attending Mandarin class on Saturdays. Another affirmation that he is all grown up. The children sit in a classroom setting, facing the teacher with a blackboard to her back. His legs barely reaching the floor, head peering above the table, he sits with his 'Batman' lunch bag and little haversack of one book and two pencils. I am a whole baggage of mixed emotions just looking at him.

Lucas had his first sleepover at our home with his buddy, Jack. Superheroes and pretend-play are the highlight of a three-year-old sleepover party. I think I am a really boring parent. I don't know what to do with energetic three-year-olds on playdates and at times like these, I am thankful for the kid in Edwin.

I discovered two new pimples today. I hardly ever have these darn bums. But as you know, it's that time of the month and I can babble on and on about how my entire body, and hormonal balance has changed after having kids.

My dear friend, Jane has finally joined the great social network called FB. I love the crazy banter we have over everything from grapes to how misplaced and odd I sound as a confused immigrant lost in her own translation of a Singlish Canadian accent.

So there you go. A quick update and we have arrived to the present.

No comments: