My first Mother's Day. It was like any other ordinary day for me. I don't remember this day bearing much significance for me for a long time now. Back in those days when my mom was still around, I do remember the heart-shaped cream cake from Four Leaves which we will always get for her from the local supermarket. We (Dad, sis & me) would then make breakfast of toast, sausages and eggs. There would always be the hand-made card too. I look forward to the day Lucas will make little hand crafts for me and scribbles of love messages. I can see myself keeping all his little crafts and occasionally taking them out to reminisce and get all sentimental. Yes I do, I would probably also cry my hearts out. It's good therapy just like the vacuuming the floor.
We had Japanese lunch yesterday & Lucas was very cooperative and slept through most of it. In the evening, Edwin made chicken rice for me. That was probably the highlight of my day. It was really good. Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
awwwww.....sweet...:)
Mother's Day has taken on a new meaning for me. I received my 1st hand scribbled card last year ... thanks to a very thoughtful hubby, CS, who helped an 8-month old CY held on to a pen, plus a gift chosen by CS. It was most touching.
This year I figured that until CY is old enuf to do something for me on this special day, I might as well go buy myself a gift and charge it to CS - call it opportunistic; I like to think of it as self-indulgence.
The real fun was watching CY blew at the candles on the cake. The first time he managed to do so on his own... he enjoyed it so much, we had to lit the candles 3x ...
that's so sweet of CS! hmm..but myself a gift "from" hubby...idea idea...heheheheh...
A belated Happy Mother's Day.
Post a Comment