Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 26, 2007

We are at war

When you have a new member in the household, the rules and dynamics change. When you have the protective maternal instincts and "gung-ho" daddy love in the same household, you have war.

Don't wake a sleeping baby.
Let him cry.
He can hold on to Abby's (the dog) biscuits. [!!??] - ..when he is a teething baby and puts everything in his mouth..NO!
Turn down the volume.
etcetcetc..

And when Mommy me spends 24 hours with Lucas and knows what that squeal is about, what routine means, it is difficult to stay away or keep quiet. We want Lucas to spend as much time with Daddy when he is home, but just don't let me see what happens..or I will jump to 'rescue' Lucas.
It is true. A mother's love can be overwhelming. I never knew I could have so much love to give and how my heart can ache if he just but has a slight bump.
Well, of course...I spent 9 months carrying him, 12 hours of labour pains, 4 hours of excruciating pain trying to get him out, and now spending all of my waking hours with him, and him feeding off me for a quarter of that time...well of course I love him, he is a part of me. I love me.

No comments: