I was visiting a friend with a 7-week-old baby yesterday. She is so small and precious! Lucas' eyes were fixated on me when I carried her. It felt different, strangely unfamiliar. So delicate. No rough & tumble like I am with Lucas. After carrying 19lbs around these days, 9lbs sure felt little. Was he ever so small? I forget.
Lucas is beginning to show signs (or maybe I only begin to recognise it now) of socialising. He has progressed from sucking on heads as a greeting to reaching out to touch their faces and now he peers intently into the faces and watches. He looked really concerned when baby Nathalie started to cry yesterday.
He is also beginning to climb over me, over things, do butt lifts. But no crawling. He doesn't seem interested to be on his tummy to begin with and is more eager to stand and bounce.
I have started him on porridge and chicken. I made a chicken, peach, carrots combo for him the other day. It was quite good I ate some of it. Fortunately I do like mushy stuff myself and these pureed things are quite my thing. Peas are also his new thing these days.
He is doing well on his potty with no. 2. Some days I miss it but generally mornings are a good time for the catch.
Am I sounding alien here? I think I am writing to myself (in my own baby mush language) and making sure I don't forget months or years down the road.
Am I sounding alien here? I think I am writing to myself (in my own baby mush language) and making sure I don't forget months or years down the road.



No comments:
Post a Comment