Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Drama mama
















I am so glad we decided on a quiet birthday dinner for Edwin today. We just experienced some unexpected drama this evening and my heart is still pumping hard as I replay it in my head now.
Lucas has only had one cold in his 10 months of life and it wasn't that bad with the sniffles and I was in total control. But what happened today really caught me by surprise and it scared me because I didn't know what I could do to make him feel better. We had a great day out today, met up with Atsuko & Nico, had lunch and walked in the park to enjoy the sunshine. Got Edwin a cake and waited for him to get back from work and head out for dinner. We were getting ready to go out when we noticed Lucas started shivering and he vomitted as well. My heart skipped a beat, I picked him up, cuddled him and got to the phone for the Nurse Line. Brought him to the clinic and turns out he is coming down with a fever and maybe a viral infection. He looked fine when we were in the clinic though, thank goodness. We managed to get a quick dinner and got home for Daddy's cake.
I am adverse to medication but this time, I gave in and gave Lucas some Tylenol before putting him to sleep.
I really hope he gets better tomorrow..what a day.
Happy Big 30, Daddy!
psst. ok, that's quite a pathetic-looking cake and don't ask me why the plate is placed upside down..what was I thinking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, WinWin! =)

I hope you are both feeling TONS better, Baby and Baby-Mommy!

ps. I must say, this is the first time I was at a loss at deciding who's cuter, Lucas or Abby with that OMG-so-CUTE party hat!!!

xoxo,
e.

rene said...

thanks e. babe! how about you? Hope you are feeling better too!! With that milestone and jitters..:)
Muacks!

Mum's The Word said...

Hope Lucas is OK Serene. Yeah, I can imagine how you felt. That must have been awful... but don't worry too much. Kids are more resilient than we give them credit for. He's going to be A-OK soon.. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th Birthday, Edwin!! It is 30th right? yeah 30th!! yes 30th..^^

Glad to hear that you are back to your old self again, Lucas!