Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

How and when do you say "No"




"My son is so slim" - so says Lucas' "lao dou" aka "old bean" aka "Daddy" (a name I learnt from a friend which I find really amusing). Where has all his chubbs gone? If he will be anything like his Dad, he will probably turn out to be a "slim" toddler with skinny legs. I didn't know I missed his chubbs until I looked at his younger photos. He is not even a year but he has tons of photos in the computer. I have not been diligent enough to print and organize his photo album yet. It's still bright red on my To-Do list which just seems to get longer by the day. What happened to my 'super organizer' skills? Did it all disappear with the magical world of motherhood.
Lucas loves his banana which he calls "nana" and points eagerly at whenever he is in close proximity to the fruit basket in the kitchen or when hungry mama grabs one for her snack. He tries to feed Abby now with his left-over crumbs or if he is bored with whatever Mommy has given him. Abby is such a sweetheart and so gentle with Lucas. I am wanting to believe my son has some inclination towards music. Hopefully he takes after his Daddy in this department. He does have some sense of rhythm when he bounces to music and claps his hands - so I would like to think haha. He has been introduced to the strings of violin, cello and guitar.
I am entering the zone of how do I say "No". Lucas is exploring and discovering "forbidden zones" like the cupboards, toilet bowl, and electronic devices. Daddy seems to have a better grip on this than I do.

1 comment:

Momo said...

Happy First Birthday, Lucas!
From all of us at home.