I took a night-out on my own yesterday and it felt really good. Although I am actually quite deprived of sleep right now and running on adrenalin after coming home pretty late. I decided to join some friends at their post Christmas dinner party after putting Lucas to bed. For some reason, I really enjoyed my drive to my friend's place. Maybe because Christmas songs were playing all night on the radio or maybe the lavender body lotion I had on really worked to send relaxation signals to my brain. Whatever the reason was, I stayed in my car for 5 minutes after I reached my destination dreaming of "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" and wanted to sleep in my seat.
The next morning I woke up and there were no roasted chestnuts or hot chocolate and reindeers, but the following made my day. I walked in to pick Lucas up from his morning nap this morning and there he was standing in his crib, holding his blankie buddy smiling at me. Next, he started pointing around his room and said "car", "book", "ball" all at once. Ok, smartie-pants, you have made Mommy's day.



3 comments:
oh, i miss shopping without baby ^^
i cannot wait for Viola to say all those, she was so close in saying "hua hua" (flowers)
Lucas is really an awesome boy!
haha, it was actually the way he pointed and said those words that was really funny and I was laughing my heart out. So serious and eager hahahahaha
merry christmas!
Post a Comment