Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 21, 2007

My man's tribute to Dan Fogelberg

Great singer and songwriter, Dan Fogelberg passed away on Sunday at the age of 56. Edwin is a big fan of Mr Fogelberg and I am a big fan of Mr Fong when he plays his guitar.

He was playing rock on his electric guitar when we first met. Then age caught up and he drifted towards classical and started to fiddle with the violin and cello and miraculously accomplished these instruments on his own in less than 2 years. I was stunned when I returned from Germany and was invited to attend his first Orchestra performance. But I still prefer him strumming on his good old acoustic guitar. It reminds me of those days when he would serenade to me (hahahahah) and get caught by the disciplinary master in school. Gone are those romantic, hair-raising, heart-racing days! We are over-the-hill wrinkled parents who rush through dinners and the only thing remotely ever going to make me skip a heartbeat is probably my super-duper cute son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He used to do that?! Oooh...so sweet. Serenade to Serene. Hehe.

rene said...

Well, erm, yes. Those good old days haha, i feel so old now.