


Corner 23 - since 1948. My dear friends at the airport introduced a new restaurant to us. Taiwanese cuisine @ Cambie and King Edward. Food was great and Master Chef was very friendly - coming out every so often to introduce his signature dishes to us. I think he was a wee bit disappointed when he noticed the large soup bowl (of chicken wine soup) was not too popular. Definitely an acquired taste. I could only taste the wine/liquor when I took a sip and oooooh it was strong! He claimed the wine he used was only a-tenth of what is used in Taiwan!
We will return for sure to check out the rest of the menu!
On a side note, I get asked every so often if I miss the airport, the work I used to do. I am stumped each time the question pops even though I do have many thoughts about it. In a nutshell: Yes I do. It's hard to explain within this limited space how and why but I have been very fortunate to have met some of the most wonderful people in all my overseas postings which made the job very much more enjoyable. The sacrifice was definitely felt when we decided to make this place home which meant I had to leave my job when it was beginning to look like a career. But 3 years on, I have a beautiful baby and a fulfilling business to call my own which enables me to work from home and look after/spend time with my child. The sacrifice was all worth it.



1 comment:
the oysters look amazing - yummy!
Post a Comment