Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

We baked, they played





We were @ Elisa's for a bake-eat-play date yesterday. I don't bake, I have a fear of looking into the oven and be greeted by a cake that will not rise or cookies that are brown beyond being edible. I admire the women who cook and bake and look all Martha Stewart. Muffins are supposed to be easy, but sometime not so long ago, I managed to burn a dozen muffins and they were rock-hard. I wonder how I ever passed my Culinary Class back in Cornell.
Anyway, back to our date..Elisa cooked beef rendang and Sharon made a soup stew and I brought some curry puffs for lunch. The kiddos had a great time playing until we strapped them down whilst we bake! Viola took a super-long nap and we had 2 little ones for company whilst the beating and mixing were going on. The cheerios and blueberries lasted for about 45mins which was not bad. We baked cookies and muffins and I LOVE the muffin recipe. YUM!

3 comments:

Dot said...

You took a culinary class? What was that like?

Mum's The Word said...

too bad I can't make it..
Need to feed Colin and Simon will have a fit if I have fun while he's working.. MEN!!!

rene said...

Dot - yeah I wonder why I was crazy enough to enrol in a culinary class but it was quite an experience to be in the midst of aspiring chefs and me not knowing how to hold my knife properly hahah.