Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The milk is better on the other side

I brought them out on a little excursion to the beach at Old Orchard, just 5 minutes from our place by car. How nice. I wish I have the energy to do this more often and not whine about the sand and sometimes mud that accompanies a visit to the beach/park. Have I told you that Linus has been a clingy baby lately? His eyes cannot lose sight of me. I have to be around. Better yet, I have to be reading to him. Mostly of the same page of a same book. A page with a picture of 8 balls. It's the ball obssession. Lucas went through that too.

He has to have what his Brother has and his little mind is probably telling him that milk will taste better from Lucas' cup and there is treasure in Lucas' bowl that Mommy is keeping from him. So he thinks. But no, it's the same boring cheerios but he has to have it from Lucas' bowl even though he has a bowl in front of him. Should I sit and watch the tussle or dash in to rescue who? Lately, I am watching and grinning. I am not sure if I have gone remotely insane or have learnt the fine art of filtering out unwanted noise (ie: screaming kids).

So, the milk is better on the other side of the table. Apparently, it is also true for the milk from me which is quite unfortunate for me to have to deal with a lop-sided pair of bosom.

On another note, Linus has started to walk! Hooray! I am trying to get a better video of him taking his steps. Will update soon on this great new milestone of his.

3 comments:

Mum's The Word said...

Linus is walking.. cool deal.. the next time we see you.. he'll be running.. HAHAHAHA

chiew yen said...

yeah, three cheers for you in being able to filter noise out, haha. we just have to learn to do that with two boys in the car, in the house, almost everywhere!!! but yet, we also learn to sieve and listen to them when the need arises, that is wat mummies can do wonderfully, somehow.

jeannie said...

sand's cool - keeps them occupied for AGES