Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I will have it raw, thank you

Raw fish is one of my fave food. Anything sashimi really. Amaebi is a must-have for me when I am having sashimi. 9 months without it, torture. Especially when it is also Edwin's fave food and I can only watch him devour the sashimi in his usual 'this is the best thing i had' manner. (for those who have had the opportuity to watch him eat, you will know what I mean..especially if you are watching him eat noodles)
Finally I am back to eating Sashimi. We went to our favourite Jap restaurant for lunch yesterday. It was a regular eat-out. No fancy presents, no candlelight, no flowers. Edwin doesnt believe in Valentine's Day, and I must have been brainwashed. When did I stop believing I should receive presents, flowers and a nice dinner or a back massage?

I realised I have tons of photos of Lucas. But hardly any of Lucas with Mommy! Desperate, I went for the camera. Quite a failed attempt with my short arms. We need to take a family photo soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE sashimi as well.. I agree on the torture side. Man- those 9 months were brutal. Like Edwin, Desmon could not NOT order sashimi while we were having Japanese, so... sometimes I kept begging him to stop order it or share me some. lol

So, any side effect from the vaccine for Lucas? I hope not.

We probably will drop by at Lian's with Desmon, Viola, and my mom... I wanna meet baby Lucas!

rene said...

Fortunately no, he was fine after the immunisation. Doc said babies may get a low grade fever or swell at the spot. hope to see u on sunday, we want to meet Viola too! She is soooo chubby!!

Momo said...

I am missing the Jap food in Van. The salmon is fresh there and it does not cost a bomb to have a good Jap meal cos even their regular Jap places have good sashimi.

We will never forget how Edwin "treat" his food. It was an eye opening experience for TS.

S* said...

Heheh I just ate sashimi and sushi if I felt like it. No particular craving though.

I worked untill the week before Sophie arrived. My collegue is Japanese, and she told me in Japan, when you are pregnant, people tell you to eat MORE sashimi just make sure it is fresh.

oceanskies79 said...

Rene, I love sashimi too.

I realised that with a tripod, I could take photographs without the help of others. A suggestion that you could consider.

Anonymous said...

Hey serene,edwin and ESPECIALLY BABY LUCAS!we want to wish you a happy and prosperous new year!-SHERYL AND SHERLYNN(:

rene said...

Hi Sheryl & Sherlynn! It's great to hear from you girls! How have you girls been? Send us an email!