Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 05, 2009

In a capsule

[Photo taken by Elisa]
Some days I feel like I am boxed up. In a world where accountability is making sure kids are fed and reasonably educated through the day, and cooking and cleaning is the secondary function of my existence. How sad is that. I think all this snow (too much) is slowly eroding my spirits. I haven't driven out on my own in weeks. I firmly believe this lack of control and lost of freedom is detrimental to my being. I feel tired even though I have been staying home for the most part.

As I go about my primary function of feeding my baby, a voice woke me up from the doldrums.
"Feet down, Mommy!" I had raised my legs onto the "coffee table" aka "train table" to brace Linus up as I feed him and this little bossy toddler of mine is teaching me some manners. How nice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Serene...

I know how you feel... well, minus the kids part. But staying at home for too long can dampen the spirit. It's gonna do you good if you could spend some time outside the house, take a breather... :)

Putri Laut said...

Same right here in Syracuse, NY. There's almost always snow outside that makes it tough to go out with the kids. I end up staying home, get tired without doing much. It's great if I don't have to cook or do chores. I can just sit and play all day with them. O well! :)
-Wendy

Mum's The Word said...

I hear ya girl..
I've been cooped up in the house for too long also.. but what can we do?? all this snow and just the thought of strapping a disagreeable toddler and her lil screaming crying brother is just too much for the effort to get out of the house..
Hang in there.. I'm there with you in spirit.. :)

Anonymous said...

Life is like a blank sheet of paper
Having no special significance.
Only when touched by green,
Did I begin to grow.
Red gives me warmth and feelings,
From yellow I learned loyalty and uprightness,
And from blue, purity and dignity.
Pink brings me hopes
Grey increases my sadness.
To complete this picture of many colours
I need black to promise death,
I’ve fallen even deeper in love with life
Because I love its colours.
[This poem, found in a chinese book on names, has many parallels to life is a journey - and the modes/reflections we experiences as we travel through our different journeys.]

Dot said...

That's tough to be cooped up...but remember, even opening the door and stepping out is very, very useful. In the first few months with Ruby, I would go stir crazy, and some days, I'd open the door, suck in a few good breaths, look around...it'll get better!

kahwei said...

understand the feeling perfectly (even without the snow part).

don't worry it will pass : )