Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nian Nian Gao Sheng!




First day of Chinese Lunar New Year. I am hopeless at baking and forget about even sewing any new clothes for the boys. But I made sure we had some 'nian gou' (signifying every year we reach a higher level) and fried some 'lo bak gou' (white turnip cake with eggs) for breakfast. The boys received their 'Ang Pow' from us first thing in the morning too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as years went by, we don't really follow tradition (wearing new clothes, eating sticky cake, don't wash hair on the 1st day, etc).
it's great that you still maintain that tradition - making sure everyone eats sticky cake haha... i miss eating fried sticky cake yum!!
oh, GONG XI GONG XI!!!

kahwei said...

恭喜恭喜!牛年快乐!
the yu sheng u had put us to shame!

Mum's The Word said...

wow.. so nice.. we didn't really celebrate.. I didn't even give my kids any angpao.. hahahaha