Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oregon-Portland-Seattle



It was a spur-of-the-moment trip. Winter is probably the worst time to visit the Oregon Coast unless you want the beach all to yourselves. Nevertheless, it was still a stunning sight to be on Cannon Beach facing the Pacific Ocean, watching the sea birds and listening to the pounding sound of the surf. It was very therapeutic.

This is our first road trip with both the boys and we love it! The boys were very cooperative and did very well, considering Lucas was still harbouring a slight cold when we left and Linus caught the cold as well on the 3rd day.

I was a little worried about the sleeping department but it turned out better than expected. Linus is quite a light sleeper, so we couldn't put the boys in the room together and ended up having Lucas sleep with us on the bed instead of the sleeper-sofa.

I took tons of photos but mostly garbage since I had only one hand free most of the time and it was a point and shoot = blur photos. And I was the only one excited about the camera and taking pictures every 10 seconds.

Some things I love about road trips:
1. We get to cuddle in bed with Lucas which is a privilege since he has always slept on his own in his crib/bed since birth.
2. We get to stop and visit anywhere along our route for as long or as short as we like.
3. I don't have to think of what I am cooking tomorrow.
4. I don't have to make the bed, wash the dishes or mop the floor.
5. I love hotel beds. I am in the process of getting approval to buy cushier bed linens.
6. It is easier to pack since I don't have to worry about baggage weight limitations and I can bring that box of diapers instead of counting how many I possibly will need.

Next stop: A warmer destination. SFO Bay Area, Vegas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowwowwow...

1. love the hotel you chose. very nice! near the beach to!
2. the beach was all yours... how awesome is that?
3. the piroshky..yum!
4. good for you guys to take a have a road trip! more pics?

Dot said...

Lovely pictures! You all looked like you had a great time... and your room is BIG! You got a bathtub too :) Very nice. And I totally agree: Best thing about vacation is hotel bed, no need to clean, make up room, anything. Yeah! Next time VEGAS!

Mum's The Word said...

Nice nice.. we're thinking of short warmer trip also.. and SFO and Vegas were on the list.. hahahaha