No wait at the border. We sailed through without getting out of the car!
Thank you for the toys, Carolyn! He LOVES them and it is perfect for the trip! I devoured your cookies VERY quickly too!
The essential Lunch Box
Don't leave home without these.
What he does best.
Rest stop.
The only thing that traumatised me today was Linus' bruised face that greeted me this morning.
Thank you, Stephanie for the Kueh Bangkit!
I eat when I am bored.
Thank you for the ginormous cookies, Atsuko!
In our hotel roomBoys x 3 asleep. Me working from my laptop. Perfect bliss.
We are in Medford, Oregon. Our first stopover on our way to San Francisco tomorrow. 9 hours of drive and covered 1000km today.
It was a very smooth drive in sunny weather. Boys were very well-behaved despite it being such a long first leg of our journey. We were surprised we were able to drive all the way from home to Portland without getting out of the car. We finally took a break for lunch in Portland at about 12 noon after 5 hours of drive. I took over the wheel in the second half of our journey to give Edwin a break.
Back in the hotel, (we bidded for this hotel on priceline.com and got a great rate). Suite with full kitchen. Perfect for small family. But we are only staying over for one night and heading to SFO tomorrow morning. After dinner in the room, we were wondering where to put Linus' crib. He is now sleeping in the closet..erm..yes..with the door slightly ajar.
I am so glad the kids went to bed early and without fuss. Great first day! Looking forward to landing in SFO tomorrow!



4 comments:
Have fun on the road!!!
Killiney kaya!!! Nice...
Just got back from Singapore this afternoon. Remember to call when you're near! We're in Santa Monica! I sent Edwin my cellphone #.
Can't wait to see you all!
YEAH!!!! I am so excited for you guys.
What a great trip!!
Post a Comment