Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The final lap

The past couple of months have been so hectic, I am almost at a loss of words where to begin on what we have been doing, not doing, how many chocolate-covered cranberries I have had in my moments of stress. Eating junk food has become a desperate indulgence for me. And of course, it was convenient. Fast and convenient.

Who cares if I am in grossly mismatched clothing, bearing a bed of uncombed hair and smelling of garlic from dinner. The kids are in bed, Edwin is still at work and I am stuck at home. I stare at my computer and click the "refresh" button on Facebook.

So it has been almost 8 months since work begun on the Diamond property. The driveway, landscaping and finishing touches are underway. I smell my freedom coming close.

The end of days feeling like I am a single mom to two extremely active toddlers, one of whom is at the peak of his glorious "terrible twos" days. These are the days of a confused toddler who cannot decide if he would like to eat cheerios or bread for breakfast and the whole world belongs to "mine".

My eyes are barely open in the mornings when Edwin changes to leave for work. I am not sure if he even brushed his teeth. Probably not. It's great he only kisses me on the forehead. My eyes are again half-open and glazed when he returns from work. Glazed, dazed, definitely small. I am convinced there is a correlation between having kids and developing eyes which look like they need some kind of boost in the form of voluminous eye mascara or triple power maximizer eyeliner.

My mommy friends would relate to having endless loads of laundry everyday. I think I fare better in this department because Edwin hardly ever changes his clothes. Why am I still married to this man?

It's the shedding season for Ms. Abby, our Golden Retriever. Cleaning the floors twice a day has just been added to my daily mountain of chores. Too bad I loathe the taste of Chicken Essence in a bottle because somebody told me that would give me lots of energy.

Maybe it is time to visit my Korean friend at the Korean Spa.
http://mortz.blogspot.com/2008/08/back-from-outer-space.html

She would give me a real boost to my flapping spirits from her vigorous scrubs and kneading. In the least, I am pretty sure I will get a good laugh.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Baby, you're always the superwoman in my eyes.

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Serene, you truly are SuperMom and SuperWoman. What feats you accomplish truly boggle my mind. There is no one else in this world with the ability or generosity to show up at my door at 8 am, kids in tow, with lunch made not only for your family but for ours. You absolutely inspire me to work harder, to do my best. I, your lowly sidekick, am honoured to be your companion.