Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What is on your bedside table?


I am so grateful for the remote control. Some nights ago, I fell asleep with the remote control for the bedroom light in my hand. It may not make sense to some of you, but I do get up in the middle of the night, switch on the lights, just to check if Lucas is alright. I can do this repeatedly a few times in the night even if Lucas is sound asleep and there is nothing and no one making the slightest noise.
I bring a load of stuff to my bedside before I head to the sheets. It's as if I am arming myself in preparation for battle. Water to hydrate, clock to check on Lucas' feeding, tv remote in case the feeding goes on for extended time and I am bored, lights remote so I can dim the lights, my hp for that odd call in the middle of the night (mostly from singapore), book in case I really cannot get to sleep...some other stuff not documented in the picture above..boob pump, bibs, and sometimes a snack.
What do you have on your bedside table?

3 comments:

jeannie said...

You have a remote control for the lights? Way! I've been Bad and feeling very contrite. Jiamei and I were meant to get a nice ethnic something for Lucas ever since he was born but we have been Pretty Lousy. We shall have to meet and discuss a way to Make It Up To You!

S* said...

hey! Does that Tracy Hogg book work? My friend is expecting and has put "baby care books" on her wish list. If it works, I will get it for her. email me back and tell me sharon.thibault [at] gmail.com

Erm.. My bedside table is extremely zen. Just my glasses and water bottle. That's it (that's because everything else is on the floor... hahahahah)

Anonymous said...

Wow...a remote for light...I NEED that. LOL.
And, you wake up in the middle of the night to check to Lucas? I think in my case, it is the other way around. Viola screams often enough so that I won't worry about checking her up. :)

My bedside table is a mess:
basket of Viola's diapers needs, novel, lamp, water, pacifier, and more.