Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 08, 2007

A lost dream

I found this whilst doing some spring cleaning today. I used to own 3 typewriters. This is the only one I have with me now. I know nothing much of these machines except that I went through a phase thinking it would be cool to collect them and have a room filled with them. The dream died a natural death when I started moving from country to country and living out of boxes. This one was picked up at a flea market in Frankfurt, Germany. I still love it. There is something serene about looking at an old typewriter. Maybe I should rekindle my dream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, you should continue that. I love collecting thing as well, esp retro one. But, too bad Desmon thinks i am collecting junks. Oh well!

oceanskies79 said...

I used to have a typewriter at home, and I am thankful that I had it when I was young, because it got me to learn some basic typing skills.

Thanks for this post. While I am not a collector of typewriter, your post reminded me of how that typewriter that my family had had served me well.

Anonymous said...

hi serene,

'clicked' into your site from sharon's site... cos being a happy mommy is close to my heart too :) i wonder if i still have my old typewriter in my mum's house, will gladly give it to you if you dun mind it. also, enjoy reading all your blog sites, something to keep me occupied from my routine 'mummy's life'. SIA is small... chanced upon kevin koh's site from your blog ;p he happens to be khee siong's JC mate too.

your son is real cute, reminds me of my bigger one when he was young, with the 'standing up' hair. his hair only went 'normal' like when he was six months old.

happy parenting, enjoy him as he grows... cos you not going to get a second chance.

rene said...

hello chiew yen! great to hear from you. can i get your email address? Send some photos of your kiddos to me! :) Where are you guys now?