After weeks of painful research, medication and creams, we finally am pretty sure now what Linus has. The medical term is Seborrheic dermatitis but is also commonly known as cradle cap. It occurs in perfectly healthy babies (mostly on the scalp) but depending on the severity, it could be red, crusty, and even weeping. Linus had a crusty, red scalp and red, weeping neck. It was painful to see him in this condition although I think it probably is bothering me more than it bothered him. For one who is very adverse to any medication, it was driving me crazy to have to apply any form of medication to my baby. I finally succumbed to applying the cortisone cream prescribed by the second doc I went to (for a second opinion) and it is working well and his rash is clearing up.Linus was very chubby when he was born. With such a short chubby neck, and numerous folds on his skin, it made it even harder to clean his neck.
Most people say Linus looks very much like me. Since his birth, he has had quite a number of nicknames already. People who see him think his face looks like the moon. "Oh my, he looks like a little monk" "baby buddha".
So I take it that my face is like a moon too. Round like a moon.



5 comments:
I hope his cradle cap gets better! Poor little baby moon! :) I love nicknames too, but I have to remind myself to stop calling Ruby Poopy!
Poor Linus.. but at least now you know what it is..
Little monk is a very good nickname.. :) very cute.. hahahaha
he is getting better every time we see him... time does fly...and he CAN recognize faces already???? dear!!
he is a sweet and handsome boy for sure.
Round face is cute. So, Linus, ignore those nicknames. You're still cute and handsome even with round moon face! Haha.... Aunty Elina feels like speaking up for you...
I hope Linus's skin will improve with time. David used to have eczema (pretty badly) until he was 5 month old. Linus looks cuter and cuter each day. You must be very proud of the kids.
Post a Comment