Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

My boys are my perfect fit


It seems almost inevitable (at least for me) to compare the 2 boys. I have been asked if my heart is swayed towards one of them. I must say I was worried about this even before Linus was born. At this point, I cannot tell if there is any difference but I sure hope not. I also work hard to make sure they both have their solo time with Mommy & Daddy.


Back to comparing the boys. I compare, but I think I do it because I am just amazed at how different the 2 boys are in terms of personality, food preferences and behaviour. Lucas was definitely a more bubbly baby, and did not have any issues with food, or with skin/allergy. Linus is a tad more sensitive, and I have had 2 food allergy reaction from him since he started on solids. He only takes to one brand of rice cereal at the moment and I learnt it the hard way that macaroni is not for him. Perhaps not now.


We were in the ER on Sunday because of his allergic reaction which caused his face to swell and a breakout of hives on his body. I was devastated. Lucas started on macaroni at about the same age too and had no problems. But I guess every kid is different and I have to be extra vigilant on what I choose to feed Linus now. Maybe he will just have rice, sweet potato, corn and peas for the next 4 months until he is well past his 1st birthday.


On another note, because Lucas is very curious, cheeky and active, he sometimes gets into trouble when he tries to explore beyond what is "accepted" under certain social circumstances. I was in a situation recently in which someone was very surprised at how Lucas is constantly on the move, and could not understand why he would spill water from a cup. He gets reprimanded of course and told not to spill the water. But whilst I do tell him that is not something he should be doing, I take it in stride that it is part of his growing up and am not too upset by it. I would rather he be what he is; curious, active and social as opposed to being quiet and reserved.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are sooooo adorable!! Lucas has this 'ang moh' look. I wld love to meet them personally. Hope Linus is much better now. Btw, I agree that comparing the kids seems inevitable... I have difficulty not to.

Anonymous said...

oh dear...so how's linus? hope he's better already?
yea, hives is causing a huge problem here at this time of the year too...

Mum's The Word said...

No worries about spilling and stuff.. my kids spill ALL the time. I caught Colin purposely turns his bottle upside down so he can spill his milk onto his pants.

I think Lucas is such a good company. he's always smiling .. I love his smiles.. and you already know that they are such good companies for roadtrips..

Momo said...

They are both adorable in their own right, and a contrast is always interesting, isn't it? Lucas is probably too young now to reason even how hard we try to. Our minds are just built that way. Guz you just have to go by the reverse psychology, he will slowly get it when he observes social norms around him.

Anonymous said...

agree!!! i find myself comparing my two kids and sometimes it drives me nuts. it is just inevitable.

Lucas is a really sweet, smart and for sure an active boy. I haven't met any kids who don't spill. ^_^

Putri Laut said...

I hope the hives are gone and that Linus is recovered. David doesn't have any allergic reaction to food, so I freaked out when Liz got her hives. I wasn't sure what to expect and was stressed, worried. It took her almost 2 weeks to clear up. The hives kept coming back every 2 days and we had to give her Zyrtec. And I'm still not sure what she's allergic to! She's on restricted diet for now. :)