Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 04, 2009

The end of an era almost



This is the first time I ever had mixed feelings about going for dinner with my ex co-workers from SQ. I rarely get to see my dear old friends at the airport ever since I moved out of Richmond and ever since babies started to rule my world.

April 25th 2009 will mark the last SQ flight out of Vancouver. It's so sentimental to me because some great memories were created when I was stationed at the airport and I feel very priviledged to have met some very beautiful people who have touched my life during my stint. I have learnt so much from my co-workers at the airport, most of them with an average of 20+ years experience. It's almost like saying good-bye to a legend.

Despite the challenging times ahead, it's great to see high spirits and positive energy. It's the power of the mind and spirit that we need most now...and we need to stop watching the news with more dampening stories of the economy.

3 comments:

Dot said...

True dat. We need to stay positive. Depressing news begets depressing news! We'll recover when people start feeling good again.

(I'm curious. What is that HUGE crab that the man was holding?)

elisa said...

tat's really disappointing to know that SQ won't be coming in here and we won't be able to board the plane anymore.

rene said...

Hey Dot - That's the Alaskan King Crab. It comes in larger size! That is considered mediocre! And they cook it 3 and sometimes 4 ways with the same crab! very yummy.