Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 23, 2006

Abby the gardener

Life is good. I am at my last week of work. You get 1-year maternity leave here. My to-do list is getting longer though, for things I want to accomplish in the next 4-6 weeks before my life changes to one of milking and diaper-changing...where day and night no longer makes a difference. (this I hear from experienced mommas)

We spent most part of the weekend shopping for materials. Tiles, flooring etc. I am a fickle shopper but this is made worse by our tight timeline for completion, and the seemingly endless shades of colors in everything!

We went to this great family-run Taiwanese restaurant on Friday night for Yvonne's birthday. I love the vermicelli/bean thread thing that they cook with minced pork and chilli oil? Dish is called 'Ants climbing tree' (direct translation)??? why??? Anyway, it was darn good.

New discovery - We realised this weekend that Abby is a born gardener. Or so we would like to think. She had taken some budding plants out from the planting beds and set them standing up in the middle of the garden...should add that she also "planted" some of her personal fertiliser around the plants...how thoughtful.

No comments: