Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 27, 2006

My Sidekick..mine! mine! mine!

So...today was my last day in the office and I begin my vacation+one year maternity leave.

I almost had no emotions, which was very peculiar. It was a busier-than-normal day, which was perhaps the reason why I had no time to ponder over the prospect of possibly missing my co-workers, missing Asako's cynical jabs, Sarah's brit. humour, the archiving (haha), the turkey&cranberry sandwich..

We had a nice lunch with the team at Aqua Riva. Jess came along with baby Ben and he has grown so much! Seems like not long ago when we first saw him as a 7-day old baby.

They bought me a Sidekick Baby Diaper Bag! It converts to a baby carrier! Yeh!! Thank you mama Teresa for picking it up for me :) Love it love it!

Will probably go into the office this weekend to wrap things up and pick up my notebook. It hasn't hit me yet that I am off work, very strange. Maybe I will feel it on Monday morning when I no longer have to hit that snooze button.

Update on baby

Movements have been very distinct this past week. More often it is a nudge, a scratch, a roll. A knee, butt, feet or elbow sticking out. In the evenings, I will watch my stomach move like a wave, the baby inside moving from side-to-side. It is an amazing experience but not without its share of pain. The weight is putting pressure on my back and there are days I freeze in my step.

5 more weeks to go. I am getting excited. To finally see this little one who has been kicking up a storm inside of me.



2 comments:

Momo said...

Envy the 1 year maternity break. In singapore, you can only afford 3 months. And you are back to the workforce, leaving the little one with a maid or a mom in law...

rene said...

3 months is really short! Just when baby and u are getting used to each other..