Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 14, 2006

work in progress
















I realise our weekends are consumed by work in the house.

8a.m.-6p.m. - we are working on the house. Almost like a regular work day except we get to potter around the house in PJs and a mob of undone hair.

Was feeling energetic today. Did the laundry, sorted out some boxes in the basement, got my hands on the vacuum, and did some real work on the computer. Doesn't sound like a whole lot accomplished, but it feels like I conquered a marathon.

Scoured through the bags of stuff I bought for the baby (no idea why I did that.. took everything out..looked at them, and put them all back..in the same place). It felt good.

Oh, forgot about my dear Abby. She went for a walk with mommy me at Heritage Mountain trail. Wrestled with Jersey, the neighbour's dog for a bit. Came home, fell asleep and had a nightmare..silly girl.

Reno update: Carpets are stripped and floors are being laid with wood to strengthen the floor (so says my man). Maybe we won't have a glass door for the walk-in closet afterall. It is called "walk-in closet", so why do we need a door? So zhor2 dang3.

4 comments:

Gecko said...

Hi Rene, nice to see you setting up your house. You moved to B.C. recently? Saw your blog link in my blogstats so thought I'd say hi :-)

- gecko from www.samaryn.com

rene said...

Hello, been here for about 4 years now, but have been travelling in and out of BC and would say it has only been a year that I am settled in permanently. Since then, this is the fourth place we are in. We renovated and sold the last house we were in just in Aug of this year! :)

Gecko said...

That's great! Will keep reading your blog.

rene said...

Thanks! Will update on house progress :)
I am a faithful follower of yours too ;)