Not the best of presentation but who cares when it tastes so good!
Can't find Chwee Kuay in Vancouver, it's probably unique to Singapore. I don't even know how to describe what it is...rice flour cake with radish? Whatever it is made of, it is really yummy.
I didn't know one could still find food that cost SGD1.50 these days. The fried bee hoon (vermicelli) with vegetables and fish cake costs only SGD1.50 and it was packed full of noodles.
Lucas is in a much better mood today. Woke up once in the night which took longer than usual to put him back to sleep but it was alright. He has met his cousins, Marcus & Celeste and they love him!
We have been adjusting to the heat. It is hot and humid year-round with temperatures around 30degrees celsius in the day. I think I was in the shower 3 times yesterday.
I still do speak Singlish ("Singlish is an English-based creole language native to Singapore") and so does Edwin. It is something we grew up with and it tends to surface when we are with fellow Singaporeans. But I was still amused when I heard "What floor?" in the elevator today.
"Shiok" - which means darn good in Singlish



3 comments:
YAY YOU ARE BAAAAACK !!! WELCOME BACK 表姐. Please kindly arrange a date for the whole family to meet up =D
Welcome...back to Singapore. More good food awaits you.
omg, I SO want to eat chui kway and bee hoon.. I'm having my third bowl of Cheerios today...
Post a Comment