Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jetlag
















We have arrived. My eyes feel like they will pop out anytime and my head is feeling the magnetic force from the ground. Pardon me if I do not write coherent.
Lucas took to the skies very well. He pretty much stuck to his routine. Played, ate and slept whenever his body clock tells him to. But his sleep was not as peaceful as he would have liked as I had to reposition him when he turned over or moved due to space constraints, and he had to wake up when it was time to get off the aircraft in transit. By the time we arrived in Singapore, he was dazed and confused. But he didn't cry once on the aircraft and was the delight of some passengers around us. One family seated next to us asked if he ever cries? Oh yes he does.
The nightmare only started when we got back to Edwin's parents' home past midnight. I had not slept a wink since I was keeping my eyes on Lucas when he was asleep and keep him entertained bouncing on my lap when he was not sleeping. He went down pretty easy after his milk but that lasted for maybe an hour and he woke up in a head of sweat. I had to rock him to sleep..something I hardly ever did but he was so out of sorts I felt really bad for him. The rocking, hushing and lulling went on for another 2 hours and he fell back to sleep for another 2 hours.
Morning after, he was not in the best of moods and didn't eat much but we survived today. Tried to stay to the routine as much as possible, he was sooooo sleepy poor baby but I had to wake him up from his nap in the afternoon as he was going for more than 2 hours which is probably because it was midnight in Vancouver time. So he went to bed early tonight and we will see how tonight goes. I am keeping my fingers crossed he would sleep through like he would back home.
Now Mommy really needs to lay down.

1 comment:

oceanskies79 said...

Welcome back to Singapore.
I hope by the time you read this, you would have had some good rest to recharge.