Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Please take me, I want to be your milk machine

I am getting excited about making my first solo trip with Lucas in less than 20 days. I just hope we will be able to bring him back to his current routine and sleep habits when we get back after a month.

My lil pumpkin has been very busy exploring new grounds. He seems to favor moving towards different rooms with different floors and slap his tiny palms onto the different surfaces. His toys do not get much of his attention now as he is more fascinated with things he can find randomly from moving around..

Today for the first time ever, he refused milk from me and I am devastated. Maybe he is eating too much solids, he loves everything I have been cooking for him thus far. Maybe he just doesn't want to take milk from me anymore? Maybe he thinks he is all grown-up and wants a bottle? I have not introduced the bottle to him and never thought I would since I am quite happy nursing him. But he does drink his water from his sippy cup.

I have been very content with Lucas' progress thus far and we are pretty much in sync with each other's tempo by now. The only thing that still bothers me is he doesn't have much patience in his stroller. He may last for at most an hour but if he is tired or sleepy he wouldn't sleep in his stroller even if I am on the move. This drives me nuts. Don't babies, kiddos love motion?

I am hoping the milk refusal is only temporary and he will wake up tomorrow wanting milk. Now that it is not an hourly or 2-hourly feed, but rather a 4 times a day, almost painless affair, I do want to be my lil pumpkin's milk machine. Amazingly it does feel very fulfilling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear oh dear... please persist in nursing him if you want to continue doing so. i dun noe if this is the thing with boys... cos my two boys went thru this stage also. and cos both times i was in the process of moving, i gave up... and regret so :(

Anonymous said...

looks like u've got a photogenic baby. one who knows how to present his best with a tilt of the head. like in this photo n one in those previous post. haha...

btw, you're gg back to SIN? when? we'll be back in the first week of sept. let's meet up if possible. i wana play with lucas! :D

Anonymous said...

It does feel fulfilling. *add oil