First time ever. Night out without babies.
Carolyn is going back to work next week and we decided we needed a girls' night out. Drove down to the Richmond Night Market and it was so much fun! Tons of food, people and stuff to buy that will make you regret later.
Ate too much. We had jumbo siew mai, takoyaki and bubble tea. Wished I could eat more, darn those tiny jeans I had squeezed into earlier. I should have just worn my roomy PJs and no one would notice.
Bought stuff I am not sure what I need them for and had just enough cash balance to buy my babysitter (aka husband) some food. It's not that bad. I had fed and put Lucas to sleep before I left and he slept through. I spot a gleeful look on Edwin's face when I left. It means a couple hours of peaceful computer games with no chattering monster behind his back.
I sneaked into the house close to midnight and both were sound asleep. Took me a while to get to dreamland after a surreal night. It felt strange to be out having fun like old days without a diaper bag, without worrying about feeds, without a little pair of hands pulling my hair.
Morning after let's take a look at my treasures bought. A pair of earrings, 2 pairs of socks which looks more like hand puppets to me (reason why I bought them), a cap (to cover my almost always dishevelled look), wrapping paper (I have no idea why. Probably because it is so cheap and the girl selling it was too sweet), and my best buy yet; a super-duper cute bag for a momma who thinks she is still pretty darn young haha.



2 comments:
i miss Richmond Night Market so much!!! especially the food. Good that you could have some breaks. You should do it more often. ^_^
Serene, I had such a great time! Thanks for going otherwise I definitely wouldn't have gone alone. Although that picture of me on your blog is UGLY! For some reason my attempt at posing like a supermodel turned into someone with a broken neck trying to pose!! :)
Post a Comment