Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

2 kids and 2 mommas on a road trip

Elisa and I decided to go on a road trip with the kids one day and we did. We started our drive on a cool Thursday morning last week and made our way to Tulalip, WA. I must say the kids were very well-behaved for being in the car for a total of 5 hours. We had a good lunch and did some serious shopping. I recently found out that diapers and baby stuff are much cheaper across the border in the U.S. and we returned with a total of 5 big boxes of diapers and other baby and kid-related items. Nothing for us mommas. I am not in the right physique and mood to be trying to pull up any trousers or face a huge mirror in the fitting room at this moment. It will be too depressing. Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised how relaxed the road trip turned out to be. It would have been even better if I wasn't trying to sit on one side of my butt throughout the drive. It's really refreshing for me to have a conversant partner next to me for the drive. For the record, Edwin does not say a word when he drives. Or maybe I should say he hardly speaks even if he is not driving.

Start of the drive


Taking their nap on our way to Tulalip



Working at the wheel (car is parked) before heading for lunch


On our way home, Viola plays with Lucas' fingers

8 comments:

Dot said...

Congrats on taking the trip! You are both brave to do it with little ones...And is that a VW Passat Wagon????

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! we made it!
Thanks for bearing with KK's screaming. ^_^

rene said...

It's a VW, a wagon, but not a Passat! I love my VW :)

Mum's The Word said...

they are so cute.. :)

Carolyn said...

lol! That last picture with Viola playing with Lucas' fingers is sooo cute!!

Cel said...

i love the last picture. kids are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Stephen (my husband) and Edwin can form a SPEECHLESS club. Whoever can hold the longest of not speaking is the winner. Hahahaha…

rene said...

hahahh Sharon you are hilarious..Speechless club hahahaha that is so funny