Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

When Papa is home

Lucas gets very excited when his Papa comes home. The minute he hears the garage door open, he would run towards the window, calling "Papa! Papa!"

And of course, being the big kid himself, Edwin loves to play with Lucas and I love to watch them bond. Especially when these moments are hard to come by since he is out of the door early and comes home from work close to Lucas' bedtime. Saturdays are no longer weekends to us as Papa is also at work.

Let's see what Lucas has been up to these days:
1. His vocabulary has definitely expanded although probably only Momma me knows what exactly he is saying since his pronounciation is still not accurate.
2. He loves to point out at objects he knows and says them out loud whilst riding in the car.
Trucks, bus, balloons, bird, car, dog.
3. He says "Go" when the green light comes on and shouts "Stop" when the car comes to a stop. Something I believe he learnt from Baby Einstein.
4. He is becoming a "great helper" around the house. He has advanced from the swiffer to bringing Papa his bread for breakfast, bringing the dish and cups back to Momma at the sink and trying to pack up his toys.
5. 4 seconds is the record time he takes to go down the stairs (on his tummy, feet first) from the bedrooms. (I forgot to count the number of steps)
6. He loves to run free at the park/playground and chase after the birds.
7. He loves to "ride on" Abby and roll on the floor with her.

My little munchkin is a great kid and I feel really blessed and happy I am able to watch and share in his new discoveries every day. He is getting more and more interactive each day and whilst I am loving every moment with Lucas and trying to record in my memory all his little milestones, I cannot help but think about how my love will be divided when no.2 comes along.

3 comments:

Mum's The Word said...

Wow.. time does fly. Pretty soon he'll be able to help you give the baby his bottle.. hahahaha
Ava tried to feed Colin, but of course I told her no. She tried to hold bottle for him also, which I let her.. :)

Anonymous said...

bravo, Serene! You and Edwin have done a great job on Lucas. He is a great boy~

Smalls World said...

Oh, don't worry .. the love will not be divided, only doubled. But the attention and time spent with each child will not be as dedicated as with 1 child. I enjoyed my 2nd baby more in some ways as I'm more confident and a lot less anxious. But do be mentally prepared for the night feeds, endless nappy changes all over again ... I kind of forgot that a newborn poops each time during or after a feed ...don't know if it's just me being forgetful or mothers being wired that way naturally ...to only remember the joy, the special moments, the tenderness, oh ..you know what I'm saying.