Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Be brave

Photo taken by Elisa

Ok, folks. So this is me in my pregnant state. This was taken about a month ago. I have since gained an additional 5 pounds. It's great I was looking down in this photo. You won't get to see my bloated face and disappearing neck.

I know years from now, I would be so grateful to my dear friend, Elisa for coaxing me into taking my pre-natal photos. So, thank you in advance, for getting me in front of the camera lens despite my constant whining.

I am ready to pop. Soon. Due-date is about 4 weeks away, but many say the second child could be earlier and from how my belly is looking these days, I won't be surprised if baby no.2 decides to make his exit earlier.

My belly looks quite different from when I was carrying Lucas. I don't remember the belly being "in the way" when I was driving. These days, I am trying to keep the belly away from the steering wheel when I drive.

We have not decided on a name for baby no.2. And I suspect, just like the first time, we would be at a loss in the hospital. We still have the videos of Edwin calling Lucas in another name in the delivery room.

I have started talking to Lucas about baby no.2 and showing him photos of when he was a baby. I am not sure how much of it he understands but he does associate the word "baby" with my belly by now.

8 comments:

Emily said...

That's so sweet! I really regreted not taking any pre-natal shots and now I don't even remember how I looked like then!

And I must say you look fab-u-lous! ;)

Anonymous said...

baby!!!

you look absolutely gorgeous!!!! very very pretty, and dun let anyone else (including yourself, mins) tell you otherwise...

i am having such a good time caressing HQ's belly (do i sound a bit like a freak??!!), and she's about to pop too! :)

stay brave sweetie...

xoxo,
e.

Dot said...

Good luck with the birth! I'm sure when we get back you'd have given birth! :) Take care.

Carolyn said...

That is a beautiful picture of you Serene! You are radiant!

Mum's The Word said...

You're BEAUTIFUL Serene.
Elisa's very good to take this picture for you. I regretted not having one taken myself.. :)

Melvin said...

How time flies and baby No.2 is coming! Good luck Serene! Jia you jia you!! You look gorgeous in that picture btw =D

Smalls World said...

Simply Beautiful!

We are all anxiously awaiting to see bubba no. 2 - hang in there ... it'll soon be over and good luck with the delivery.

Anonymous said...

GREAT SHOT!