Lucas has been growing by leaps and bounds in the past couple of months and I have lost track on some of his little milestones.Edging closer to being a 2-year-old brings exciting times with the heightened sense of independence, interaction. As his personality starts to emerge, it is really fun to watch the things he does which sometimes makes me laugh and wonder what is going on in his little mind.
But being a toddler also means he faces the agst of not getting what he wants, when he wants it. He has
started to scream or shout at times when this happens. When he feels he is not understood. That is his way of showing his frustration and I am still thinking about what is the best way to correct this behaviour.Lucas has started to voice 2-words like "Go car", "Papa home", "Eat rice". And although his pronounciation is still not precise, I am so proud of him having consistently expanded his vocabulary. And as most toddlers are, he is very adept at imitating us in what we say and almost repeating after us.
Linus has had a pretty rough last couple of weeks. His rash is not getting better and it looks like he indeed has infant eczema. I was hoping it was not going to be eczema since I don't know of any family history of it and I had assumed it is largely genetic. His dry skin doesn't seem to get better no matter how much cream I lather on. I feel so bad for him when I discovered he also has "weeping eczema" on his neck. On some days, his neck would be so red and wet (not from perspiration but merely the skin producing the fluid). It's really eeky, and I am not used to this since Lucas had pretty good skin from young. I feel really really sad when I have to clean and lather the cream on his red skin as I imagine how uncomfortable that must be. But he is such a good baby and does not complain. His head/face is so round, it's really funny. I am starting to see some resemblance between the 2 brothers and it's really sweet to see them interact now. Some days, Linus will look really terrified the moment he senses his big brother closeby...hahahaha.


6 comments:
haha, now that u mention it, his head is really roouunnd. like a little monk! :D
hope his eczema gets better soon! poor thing...
Poor Linus! I hope the rashes get better soon...
Ryan had eczema, quite severe that it needed some amount of steroids from the dermatologist. It can be very itchy, but looks like he is not fussing over it so it is gd. Like what you describe, there was fluid from the skin around his joints. But by the time he came back to Singapore's humidity, it all vanished. You may want to check with your doc if he needs to see a dermatologist.
just remember serene.. make sure to wipe him dry.. and then you can try the Glaxall Base for his eczema.. that helped Ava before.. I hope his eczema will go away soon.. :)
They do look like brothers.. :)
hey bean, kait got a spot of localised eczema recently on the top of her wrist and it was awful. The first doc we saw just gave her a pot of steroid cream with instructions for topical application. The 2nd doc (whom she loves for the Hello Kitty stamps) prescribed nothing and asked if we had changed soaps/lotions recently. We had. So I got a really mild soap-free wash and voila it was an irritation. You might want to try that out in addition to the creams.
The brothers do look alike, don't they. I always find it cute when siblings look alike.
By the way, sometimes people with eczema is related to family history of asthma too. Just keep the areas dry.
Post a Comment