Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The day he picks out what he wants to wear




This is it, folks. My little boy is telling me what he wants to wear and not wear. He is putting on his shoes and telling me he wants to "Go car", meaning he wants to get out of the house...NOW.
And what if Momma thinks stripes do not go with checked pants and offers to change a shirt. Er..the reply is "No". This is what he is wearing and he decides.
Notice he has put his shoes on the wrong side in the above photo. It's amazing he manages to trot up the stairs into the bedroom to look for me with those shoes on (the wrong side).
I brought the boys to the park today for some fresh air. Lucas loves to run, explore, check out the insects (which he calls "baba") and peer at the squirrels along the way.
He stops me at one point, squats over and reached for the packet of wet wipes I have under the stroller. I was curious what he was going to do. He took out a piece of wipe, squatted on the pavement and tried to wipe an insect off the ground as he went "Eee. Eee."
And so begins my little lecture on how we treat little insects and animals..although I am not sure what part or parts of it he understood of what I was trying to say to him as he continues to run (away) from me.

5 comments:

Mum's The Word said...

Hahahaha.. that's so cute.. you just wait Serene.. more to come.. :)
and every single one will make you laugh.. :)

Anonymous said...

what an adorable kiddo! Miss him dearly~

the choice of outfit, dear.... good job, Lucas. Apparently, it is in right now. ^_^ and not everyone can pull that off...

Dot said...

He is ahead of the fashion curve! Way to go, Lucas!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA so cute!!!! Well, a handsome boy like him can pull off any combination of outfit.
Good job, Lucas! Oh I miss hanging out with him hehe and his little blue towel :p

Carolyn said...

Lucas is ready for a round of golf! He is so adorable!