

It's been a while since I last updated on the boys. It has been a great adjustment period for me in the last 2 months since Linus' arrival to try to fit everything I need to do in 24 hours of a day. I have had to make several compromises and learnt to tolerate a messier than usual home. Linus has been feeding and growing well and has completed his 2-month vaccinations last week. I finally managed to find a window period from about 7:30pm-10pm when both boys are asleep at the same time for me to get my work done. On a normal day, if I manage to get lunch and dinner ready by 9am, it's a good day and I am on track. Lucas will normally nap in the mornings for about 2 hours and if I get Linus to nap too at the same time, that is a bonus time for me to get chores or work done. I am also desperately seeking activities and programs for Lucas to join now that he is getting more active. I attended a parent-teacher meeting at a French Immersion Preschool program just a couple of evenings ago (thank you Elisa for the heads-up!) and when they were briefing us on lunch boxes, snacks for the kids etc, I felt a sudden rush of emotions. My little baby is going to preschool soon!
Lucas is such a great little helper these days. He would try to bring his little brother's diapers to me for change, bring the dishes to me when he is done with his food, and throw the dirty diapers in to the garbage for me. He is also learning to speak and will attempt to imitate what we say now which can be pretty hilarious when he tries really hard. More than before, I have noticed Lucas is trying to seek my attention now and tries to squeeze onto my lap when I am feeding Linus and that can be quite a challenge. I must be quite a funny sight when I barely have my hair in place in the mornings and trying to feed Linus on one arm, and having Lucas clamouring over me to read to him at the same time. As he turns into a little toddler, Lucas has also started to display a strong desire for independence and a need to explore (even when it means the forbidden zones). I have learnt that discipline is about realistic expectations. He would scream because he is frustrated but I take it as part of growing up, that he is not able to get what he wants all the time. I try not to say "No" too often to him, but this word pops into my mouth too quickly sometimes.
When I do go out, Linus is mostly in his car seat on the stroller and so far, it has worked out well that I am able to spend some quality time with Lucas outdoors. I am not sure how long this will be able to last with Linus sleeping in his car seat. But I guess I just have to change the strategy as time goes by and make the best of the time I have with them.
Meanwhile, I have decided to join a boot camp class from next week to get some much-needed exercise to get rid of my jelly belly. I don't know how much energy I will have by the end of the day, but the one-hour class is in the evening and I may be able to get there and back in time to feed Linus after Lucas has gone to bed.



8 comments:
way to go on bootcamp Serene!!! Tell me how it is. I hope Selena won't be too too tough.
Oh wow.. you are amazing..
er...how about Mandarin?
What happen to Lucas' hair? He has the same haircut as his Papa now.
I wish there were more Chinese programs/schools available here. That would be my first choice definitely, I am still looking for one for Lucas..
Teach at home! It is a language all three of you can use together as a "mother tongue"...also to connect him to his chinese roots and the rich culture there is. Believe me, Mandarin will have a more global edge. Start today..:)
bonjour!!!
oooh, francais... bientot, Lucas et moi, nous parlons en francais!
so exciting, but i agree with Momo.. .just sopeak Mandarin. apparently, the trick is for one parent to speak one language, so he learns faster. :D
xoxo,
e.
eh.. i mean one parent to speak one language each. :)
You are are Super Mom!!!
Post a Comment