Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Mid-Autumn Celebration at Larry's
We were invited to Larry's place to "Shang Yue" (view the full moon) and to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival. I have fond memories of the lantern festival (as I know it to be) as a child. I remember carrying the colorful candle-lit lanterns in different shapes every year and eating the traditional mooncakes (with white lotus paste and egg yolk). These days, the mooncakes come in all kinds of colors and flavors...I still prefer the traditional ones.
It was past Lucas' bedtime, but we decided to make it an exception for him. He was clinging on to his blankie but I think he had fun, with all the attention showered on him. He still has a little scratch mark on his nose from falling over and landing on his nose. (after trying to climb into and out of his toy box) I was terrified when I picked him up and his nose was dented in...I had to pinch it to get it back into shape!
Lots of good dessert, cakes, dou suan (yum yum), and excellent wine. I hardly drink (wine or beer), but Larry has some of the best wine.
p.s. Che - I am wearing the dress you bought for me! Which I thought I will never be able to fit into when I first saw it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
You look great in that dress, looks like you have lost some weight! I think it is a very comfty dress, I still haven't worn my yet!
i LOVE all those plastic lanterns.... so cute!!! Although Yes, I also still prefer the old style ones.
Post a Comment