Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Grandparents' visit - June 2008


Lucas had a great time with his Grandparents when they were in town for about a month in June. Grandpa became his best playmate and Grandma became his favourite person to pick him up from his crib, get his blankie and give him his steam egg in the mornings. It was a real treat to watch him bond with his Grandparents and we were worried he may go through a rough transition when they leave. It has been 2 days since they left for Singapore and it was a tough farewell I think, more for the adults. Lucas seems oblivious that he will not see Grandpa and Grandma at home. He did run into their room a couple of times but was easily distracted by us.

I am really happy Grandpa & Grandma got to see Linus and spend some time with both the boys. It's a pity we didn't get to do much this time around and I felt bad they were mostly confined around home and close to home since we were waiting for Linus' arrival.

It has been a bonus for me to have help around the house with watching Lucas and now, it's back to reality! My "confinement nanny" a.k.a. Mr Edwin has decided that confinement food only needs to be eaten for 2 days. I have since taken over brewing the red dates tea and cooking for myself. Timing couldn't have been better too because I came down with a high fever last night and I think my body is fighting an infection. I had mastitis twice when I was breastfeeding Lucas and I think this time it is back to haunt me. Just when my body is aching and my head is throbbing, my other half decided it is time to clear up the basement boxes and brought up a big box of stuff for me to clear out. Help...

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh Serene! I'll help you anytime, remember I'm just around the corner!
I really hope you're feeling better soon. Please call me anytime.

Edwin's parents are amazing people. I hope they visit again soon!

Anonymous said...

we are really glad to have met your in-laws. really nice couple.

oh nooooooo
i will sign up for the "help" list when you have one.
get well soon, please!