Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 07, 2008

A month of leaps and bounds





















June has been an exciting month for us. The arrival of Linus, Grandparents being in town and amidst the hustle and bustle around the household, Lucas was growing and developing by leaps and bounds this month and I have fallen behind in recording his little milestones.
Our little guy is becoming such an active and busy little toddler, he seems to be on the move all day (except when he is sleeping). He listens very intently when we talk to him now and is definitely gaining more comprehension in our interaction with him.
Noodles are his favourite food at this moment and he will not refuse fruits (almost any kind of fruits). He still has his own language when he tries to communicate, most of which only Edwin and I will understand. We are also starting to see more of his personality coming through and we are happy to note that he is a caring, gentle and friendly little guy.
He wants to show his love to his little brother in his own little way (putting his head next to Linus, patting his brother, and putting toys into his crib, and trying to put the pacifier into Linus' mouth). We try to involve Lucas in every way we can with looking after Linus, and make him the "little helper" (although most of the time it ends up being more work for us).
Other than the occasional mischief and attempts at asserting his independence, Lucas is generally an easy-going kid and I am glad to note he has been cooperative in playing independently and exploring on his own when we need him to.
Today is the first day I am having the boys on my own as Edwin is working and left the house at 6am. I learnt that compromise is crucial, and almost every minute is a multi-task. I am typing while having my breakfast at 11am after both the boys finally take a nap. And after this, I will attempt to do some work whilst they (hopefully) continue to nap for a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet boy he is.
*bear hug from aunt elisa

Carolyn said...

Lucas is so incredibly thoughtful and intelligent but of course that's no surprise knowing his parents!

kahwei said...

ohh it must be such an endearing sight to see lucas with his brother.

thanks for the gifts! so thoughtful of u.