





Linus is almost one month old. When you are not sleeping very much at night, and spending the other half of your awake hours feeding and changing diapers, time really does seem to fly by. Lucas is a busy "helper". He wants to help change his brother's diapers, put the cream on, rock his swing and even takes out Linus' mittens to put toys into his little brother's hands. We have to be really careful and watch Lucas when he is with his brother. He could be gently kissing his brother one moment, and the next, he could be shoving toys into Linus' mouth.
Linus is doing well and feeding every 3 hours now. I sometimes feel I seem to have less patience with him compared to when I was looking after Lucas. Maybe there is much more on my mind now, or maybe I have fallen into the trap of comparing. Or maybe I have been spoilt with a full-night sleep since Lucas was 6 months old and am reacting on this deprivation now. I find it hard to stay awake during the night feeds and at times it takes longer to get Linus back to sleep after his feed. He has gone for about 4-5 hours sleep in a stretch which is good, but this normally doesn't happen in the night which I am still trying to fix. Linus loves the swing and I am loving the cute coo-ing sounds that he is making now and I love the way he looks after he is satisfied with his feed.



6 comments:
beautiful boys~
cannot wait for KK to be able to play sister's role
linus has such big bright eyes! hope u are feel much better.
Almost 3 months after giving birth, I'm still sleep deprived. Only 3-4 hours stretch of sleep at night. I think I get average of 6 hrs of sleep every night. It's tiring but it feels good to know that the baby is growing well. I hope things will be easier for you soon.
Lucas and Linus look so much alike. They are both so handsome.. :)
you make good looking kids.. you should make more.. wahahahaha.. :)
Don't worry.. it'll get better.. :)
bokuca-KK will make a great sister!
Thanks KahWei! I am feeling much better already :)
Thanks for the encouragement, Wendy!
E.-er...no! I am happy with 2 boys :) I cannot imagine going through the whole preg and being preg again!
Lucas & Linus are adorable!
And I miss the coo-ing sounds too!
Don't worry about the sleepness nights. My boy's already at 9 months and sometimes I still can't get a full nights rest too. Which makes me salute to those who have lots & lots of kids. How do they do that.
Post a Comment