Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My little angel

It feels like a whole new experience all over again. I am definitely less anxious, and a little more confident this time with handling and looking after Linus. But I guess now that my time is also more divided, I have less time and energy to fully enjoy and go "goo-goo-gaa-gaa" over my little angel. That also explains why I have not been taking many photos of little Linus.

Linus is feeding much better now compared with the first couple of days when I was fretting about whether he is ever going to want to open his mouth to suck. He was a sleepy little baby in the first few days. But he is doing very well now. Like most babies, he would cry when he is hungry, or tired. But there is one other cry of his that I don't recall I ever experienced with Lucas. Linus needs to be burped very well and I remember with Lucas, all I needed to do was to lift him up and he would burp really easily (most of the time). Linus would cry in pain when he is not able to get the burp out and I feel very bad when I am not able to help him after all those patting on the back, swinging over the shoulder, and it would make me panic to see his little tears.

We are still far from a restful sleep through the night. We, I mean Linus and me. He still wakes to feed every 3 hours or so and that's fine. I believe it took about 3-4 months for Lucas to gradually extend his feeding and sleep through the night.

Linus is gaining weight well and at one week old last week, he already surpassed his birth weight and was 8lbs 10oz. He should be past 9lbs by now, although he really doesn't look like a big baby. Maybe it is just heavy bones, who knows.

Lucas loves to kiss his little brother and today, he tugged at my hair (ok, that was not very nice which I had to tell him so) to turn my face around so he could kiss me on the lips and cheeks. And then he tugged at my hair again to push my face towards Linus so that I will kiss Linus as well. He is a real sweetheart with his little brother and I am glad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute brother Lucas is and what an angel (Linus). adorable and he is only 2 weeks old?. good job, serene...edwin too :)

Mum's The Word said...

Linus really looks like a little angel.. so cute!!! I felt your pain..:) or your lack of sleep..
Hang in there momma!!!..

jeannie said...

it's the type of picture that makes you go awwww....

Anonymous said...

Linus looks like Lucas.
Good job Serene. Time will pass soon.

Anonymous said...

It's good to read your blog, cz I'm experiencing something very similar except it takes a long time to see my baby girl gains 1 lb. Which school did you go to in Ithaca?

rene said...

Thanks everyone!
Wendy - I was in Cornell for a bit.