Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lucas' first fall

Lucas had his first fall yesterday and scared the $^%* out of me. I tried very hard to stay composed whilst my heart raced. It was such a beautiful sunny day yesterday. Weather and temperature was perfect for outdoor play. Carolyn and I decided to take the bus down the hill and then walk to Rocky Point Park with the boys. Lucas was all eager to walk to the 'Water Park', attracted by the big colorful balls fixed onto the ground. He gained speed and before we could grab him, he fell, face forward. He has a minor bruise to his forehead and some scrapes and scratches on the left side of his face and nose. When I saw blood, I really went weak. He cried for sure, but was distracted by an apple I gave him whilst I cleaned up his wounds. He is alright now, back to his usual mischievious and active self within minutes. But he sure looks like he has been 'beaten up' and it's so sad to see his face in such a state. I guess tripping, falling and such incidents are going to be part and parcel of them growing up but it's really heartbreaking to see them getting hurt. How careful and protective can a parent be?

6 comments:

Mum's The Word said...

Oh No.. I hope he's ok..
but don't worry too much.. I don't think there's one kid in this whole world who didn't fall when they were young.. :)

jeannie said...

hey bean, don't worry abt it if he's back to eting/playing/sleeping normally. Kait's fallen so many times we've lost count. I think she even relishes the attention from her bumps and scrapes - and of course the colourful plaster with fun prints and butterfly kisses that come with it!

Cel said...

its ok. Ziv fell on his head twice and he is now only 7mth old.

Momo said...

Falling and learning to pick themselves up again is part and parcel of growing up.

rene said...

thanks all, I guess I wouldn't have freaked out as much if I didn't see the blood..and I am so sad to see the scratches on his face and nose..i hope it goes away well and clear up..

Anonymous said...

that's how they learn.... i guess
i would freak too if i saw the blood. it is not easy to be parents.... never ending worry even when they off to college, get married, have their own babies.... yes,,,i am thinking WAY TO FAR AHEAD ^_^